ASGA Supports SG Advisors.
ASGA appreciates the important role advisors play in helping create effective and influential Student Governments across the nation. A competent and committed advisor often can be the difference between a truly effective and influential SG and one that is floundering without direction, purpose, or influence.
ASGA also understands that much is asked and required of advisors, and often these additional responsibilities and time commitments come with little personal or financial gain.
ASGA is here for you as an advisor.
- Find Fellow Advisors — Find out if other advisors across the nation have the same workload, experience, and compensation. Get contact info, educational background, job descriptions.
- ASGA Social Networks — Connect with other ASGA advisors nationwide.
- The Advisor’s Role
- Advisor Certification — Get academic credit and can become “certified.”
- Ultimate Advisor Bibliography — Nearly every article, book, or research report produced on the subject of advising student organizations.
Ask the Advisors
Need help in understanding your role? Need advice on how to better serve your SG and its members?
ASGA has recruited some former Student Government leaders, current advisors, and student affairs professionals who are the nation’s best and are committed to helping you answer any SG advisor questions you may be having, such as:
- What is the typical workload of an SG advisor?
- Should I, as advisor, be expected to sit in on every SG meeting and attend every event?
- Is it common for SG advisors to be compensated above and beyond their regular pay?
- Are there any national standards for how SG advisors should interact with their groups and members?
- Is it common to have a full-time SG advisor?
- Are there any schools that have multiple SG advisors?
All ASGA members get regular access to “pro-bono” advice from veteran advisors who are adept in SG-related issues.
Members can ask a question to the advisors panel, and one or more of the panelists will respond within 48 hours.
Advisor Products — Get discounts on books, videos, speakers, and other services and resources.
ASGA In Ukraine — Read about one advisor’s experience training SGs abroad.
For more information, call toll-free 1-877 ASK ASGA (1-877-275-2742) or write firstname.lastname@example.org.