ASGA Will Conduct Research for You.
Need to know what other Student Government budgets are? Structure? Activity fees? Election turnout? Compensation for SG officers? ASGA can help you conduct research on issues so you can compare and contrast with similar institutions nationwide.
ASGA will conduct research for you at no charge for most requests. Just ask! Non-members pay $400 an hour.
ASGA will fax, e-mail, mail, and call institutions on a national, regional, or local level on your behalf. ASGA can quickly get hundreds of institutions to respond, getting you the data you need.
All ASGA members are eligible to get ASGA’s research help.
Start the Research Process
1. Fill out ASGA’s Research Request Form below.
ASGA reviews your request and will e-mail if we need clarification.
2. Your Request is In the Queue
ASGA is constantly conducting research, so you will have to be added to the queue. We’ll get to your request as quickly as possible.
3. ASGA Gathers Responses
ASGA will keep you informed of progress and will present the results in a final report. This whole process usually takes two to four weeks from start to completion.
4. ASGA Posts the Results
If the information is not confidential, we will post it in the SG Database so any member can benefit in the future.
■ ■ ■
- Women in SG—ASGA’s research on the percentage of women serving
- Voter Turnout Nationwide—ASGA’s research on SG elections
- Smoking Policies—ASGA’s research on campus smoking policies
- SG Names—ASGA’s research on the most common names for Student Government
- RHA vs. SG—ASGA’s research on the relationships between Residence Hall Associations and SGs
- Card-Swipe Systems—ASGA’s research about card-swipe systems used for guests in residence halls
- SG Budget Comparison—ASGA’s research on select private institutions in Pennsylvania
ASGA Research Request Form